Children are important to God and they are important to us. We hope to see them becoming equipped with the tools to live Christ-centered lives in today’s world. We believe that parents are primarily responsible for training their children. That’s a BIG job. It is our mission to assist parents in helping their children to discover and develop their full potential in Jesus Christ. Come join us in the following children’s ministries:
- Nursery for children age 0-2 years old, Sundays during worship and Sunday School. These little ones receive loving attention from caring and qualified staff and volunteers. They have an opportunity to play and learn in a safe environment.
- Sunday School for children age 3-and up, Sundays, 9:00-9:50 a.m during the school year. Sunday School is designed to help build a solid foundation in God’s Word. Music, games, art projects, skits and other activities teach children the basics of the Bible.
- Elementary Release Time for children in grades 2-5, Wednesday mornings, October-April. Transportation is provided from school to our church on Wednesday mornings for an active Bible lesson and activities geared this year to teach them how to follow Jesus with their lives. A signed parent permission slip is required by the school each year.
- Vacation Bible School
Each June, we gather for five evenings of singing, storytelling, crafts, snacks, games and a whole lot of fun! This summer we will be on a Cave Quest!
- Lake Beauty Bible Camp
Oak Heights supports Lake Beauty Bible Camp, located near Little Falls, MN. Lake Beauty offers exciting, life changing, summer camping experiences for our children.
- Children’s Christmas Program
Our Children’s Christmas Program allows our children the opportunity to preform before an audience and share the Christmas story through drama and music.
- HYPE (Hutchinson Young People Ecumenical Ministries) Oak Heights partners with other area churches to provide ministry opportunities for the children of Hutchinson including a special program for school two-hour late starts focusing on mission opportunities the children can be involved in.
- R.O.C.K. (Raising our Children Knowledgeably) OHCC’s goal it to help you connect with the church family. One way to do that is through this group. ROCK is for families with the youngest children of our church. So often it is challenging for parents of you children to attend Bible studies and other great opportunities, this group is a built around making an environment where parents can interact with each other and there is no need to find child-care, children are welcome!
Back to Ministries