Want to Know God Personally?
God Loves you and created you to know Him personally!
- John 3:16 “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.”
- John 17:3 “Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent”
Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
- Romans 3:23 “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Man was created to have fellowship with God; but, because of our own stubborn self-will, we chose to go our own independent way and fellowship with God iss broken. This self-will, whether expressed in active rebellion or passive indifference, is evidence of what the Bible calls sin.
- Romans 6:23 “The wages of sin is death”
Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for man’s sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God’s love.
- Romans 5:8 “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- I Corinthians 15:3-6 “Christ died for our sins… He was buried… He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures… He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred…”
- John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.'”
We must individually believe and receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
- John 1:12 “As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”
- Ephesians 2:8,9 “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works that no one should boast.”
- Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him.”
Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.
Does this prayer express the desire of your heart?
If it does, pray this prayer right now, and Christ will come into your life, as He promised.
Then get connected with a Bible-believing Christ-centered church! Grow to know Him personally and share His goodness with others.